友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!阅读过程发现任何错误请告诉我们,谢谢!! 报告错误
九色书籍 返回本书目录 我的书架 我的书签 TXT全本下载 进入书吧 加入书签

著迷英语900句-第10章

按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!



CLAIRE: Yes; of course I remember。 Good morning; Henry。 对; 我当然记得; 亨利您早。
: Dear Miguel; 亲爱的米盖尔:
: Who is this girl; Marta; in the photograph? 照片上面那个女孩子玛它是谁?
: she is very pretty。 她真漂亮。
: Oh; my poor Miguel! 噢; 我可怜的米盖尔!
: I know you are lonely; but you are so young! 我知道你很寂寞; 但是; 你还很年轻!
: Don’t ruin your life。 不要浪费你的生命。
: You have to continue your studies or you’ll never find a good job。 你一定要继续读书; 否则的话
永远找不到好的工作。
: I’m glad you are having a good time; but we worry about you。 我很高兴你玩得很开心; 不过; 我
们替你担心;
: We don’t even know who she is。 连她是谁; 我们都不知道。
: Is she a nice girl? 她是一个好女孩子吗?
: Is she from a good family? 她有个好家世吗?
: Can you tell me what her father does? 你能不能告诉我她爸爸做什么事?
: You won’t do anything foolish; will you; Miguel? 米盖尔; 你可不能作傻事;
: You don’t know how important you are to us。 你不知道你对我们来说是多么的重要。
: Do you remember the Monteros? 你还记不记得蒙特若夫妇?
: They moved to New York about seven years ago。 他们大概七年前搬到纽约去了;
: They have a daughter; a very pretty girl。 他们有一个很漂亮的女儿;
: She’s just about your age。 跟你差不多一样年纪。
: They won’t recognize you; of course; but they’ll remember us; and they’ll be very happy to see you。
当然; 他们会认不出你是谁; 但是还会记得我们。 他们看到你; 一定会很高兴。
: The girl’s name is Maria。 他们的女儿叫玛丽亚;
: I’m sure you’ll find the number in the telephone book。 我想你在电话簿里一定可以查到电话号码;
: His first name is Fernando。 他的名字叫费南多。
: Forgive me; Miguel。 请原谅我; 米盖尔;
: I know you are a man now; 我知道你已经不再是小孩子了;
: but you are also my son。 可是; 你仍然是我的儿子。
: I worry about you; and I suppose I always will。 我替你担心; 我想; 大概永远会替你担心。
: Love; Mama 妈
: PS Write soon。 再启: 快一点来信。
: It was a warm day; warm for April。是一个温暖如四月的天气。
: People were walking around the Fair with their coats over their arms。 在万国博览会有人一边把大
衣挂在胳膊上; 一边散步。
: The sun was bright; and there were little white clouds in the blue sky。 太阳很大; 蓝色的天空里有
小小的白云;
: The trees wore a light green smile。 树木露出浅绿色的笑容。
: At noon the Saturday crowd was very large。 在星期六的中午一大堆人群;
: Adults were laughing; children were crying; and everyone was having a good time。 大人们在笑;

着迷英语900 句
小孩子们在叫; 大家都玩的很开心。
: A thousand vendors were selling ice cream; hot dogs; and cold drinks。 无数的摊贩在卖冰淇淋、热
狗和冷饮。
: It was a beautiful; spring morning 这是一个美丽的春天的上午;
: the kind you want to last forever。 一种使人们希望它会持续到永远的天气。
: Later in the afternoon; the sun was not so bright; 下午之后; 太阳没那么炎热了;
: the sky was not so blue。天空也不那么蔚蓝。
: The little white clouds were now large and gray。 小小的白云变成了大大的黑云。
: There was a drop here; a drop there。。。 这里掉了一滴雨水; 那里掉了一滴。。。
: then ten thousand noisy drops。 然后哗啦哗啦的下了倾盆大雨。
: People shouted and ran in every direction。 人们一边喊叫一边向四面八方跑;
: Then there was silence; the sun; the blue sky; and a rainbow。 然后一切平静下来; 天空中又出现
了太阳、蓝天; 还有一道彩虹。
: I admire Claire。 我真羡慕克蕾尔。
: She works all day and goes to school at night。 她白天上一天的班; 晚上还要去读书。
: She knows where she’s going and what she wants; and she’s willing to work for it。 她掌握了人生
的方向和目标; 而且肯为达到目标而努力。
: Am I? 我能吗?
: In my first job; I was secretary。 我第一份工作是当秘书;
: When I married my husband; I quit。 结婚以后我就辞职了。
: After I left him; I went back to the same office。 离开丈夫以后就回到同一个公司;
: I never thought about other possibilities。 我始终没有考虑走别的路。
: When I came here; I got a job right away。 当我来到这里以后; 马上有了工作。
: I was happy with anything。 那个时候我一点也不挑剔; 对任何事情都感到很快乐。
: Now I’d like a change。 而现在我却想换一个环境。
: First things first。 首先最重要的是;
: What skills do I have? 我有些什么技能?
: OK。 I can do anything。 是的; 我什么都能作。
: Anything? 什么都能做吗?
: Yes; anything。 是; 我什么事都能做。
: e on now; Laura。 Be realistic。 罗拉; 你不要这样子了; 面对现实点吧!
: All right; almost anything。 好吧; 差不多什么都能做。
: I can speak; read; and write English and Spanish。 我能说、读、写英文和西班牙文;
: I can run an office。 我能负责办公室的一切事务。
: I’m friendly and petent。 我又合群又能干;
: Uh。。。 there must be more。 嗯。。。 一定还有;
: Oh; yes; I type and take shorthand in two languages。 对了; 我有两种语言的打字和速记技能。
: Well; then; if you can do all that; 那么; 你既然有这些技能;
: you don’t have to work for the Mr。 Crawfords of the world! 就不必要替郭佛先生这种人工作!
: But; what will I do; then? 那么我将要怎么做呢?
: Well; what kind of job would you like? 你想要怎么样的工作?

着迷英语900 句
: Do you want to work in an office again? 你愿不愿意再到办公室去工作? 
: There’s so much to think about。 要考虑的事情可真多! 
第四集
MICHAEL: Good…bye; Miguel。 Nice meeting you。 Good…bye; Marta。 Thanks for ing。 米盖尔再
见; 很高兴认识你。 玛它再见; 谢谢你的光临。
MARTA: Bye。 Don’t forget our English lesson on Wednesday。 再见; 星期叁补习英文; 你可不要
忘了!
MICHAEL: I won’t。 I’ll be there。 And why don’t you e; too; Miguel? 放心好了; 我会来的; 米
盖尔你也来; 好不好?
MIGUEL: Thank you。 I will。 And thank you for inviting me to the party。 It was a lot of fun。 谢谢;
我会来的; 谢谢你邀请我参加宴会。 我玩得很开心。
MARTA: Thank you again; Michael。 I’ll see you next Wednesday。 Joana; it was a pleasure meeting
you。 麦可; 谢谢你; 下星期叁见。 琼娜; 很高兴认识你。
JOANA: Thank you。 It was a pleasure meeting you and Miguel。 谢谢; 很高兴认识你和米盖尔。
ALL: Good night。 晚安!
MICHAEL: Well。好了;
MICHAEL: Let’s sit down for a few minutes。 我们坐一会吧。
MICHAEL: I can clean up later。 我等一会再清理。
JOANA: No; let me help you。 不; 让我来帮你忙。
MICHAEL: No; that’s all right。 I can do it by myself in the morning。 不必; 没关系; 明天早上我可
以自己清理。
JOANA: It was a very nice party。 It’s too bad Paulo had to work late。 宴会很成功; 可惜保罗必须
加班。
MICHAEL: Yes; it is; but I’m glad you had a good time。嗯; 很可惜! 不过; 我很高兴你玩得很开心。
JOANA: I liked your friends。 我喜欢你的朋友。
MICHAEL: They liked you; too。 I could tell。 As a matter of fact; you made everybody feel
fortable。 他们也喜欢你。
我看得出来; 事实上; 你使大家都感到很自在。
JOANA: That’s easy。 You’re a great host。 那很容易; 你是个出色的主人。
MICHAEL: Well; you’re a pretty good hostess。 那么; 你是个很棒的女主人了;
MICHAEL: I was tired of giving parties by myself。 我自己办宴会都办累了。
JOANA: You know; when I was a teenager; 知道吗? 我在少女时代
JOANA: I used to go to parties all the time。 经常参加聚会。
JOANA: I enjoyed myself every minuteparties; dances; boys。 我一天到晚玩得非常开心; 参加聚
会; 去跳舞; 交男朋友。
MICHAEL: It sounds like fun。 听来蛮有趣的。
JOANA: It was。 I used to live from dance to dance。 真的很好玩; 一个舞会结束了; 我就开始期待
着下一个;
JOANA: On the weekends; 到了周末;
JOANA: Paulo and I never used to be home。 我和保罗根本就不惯于待在家里。

着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: Paulo? I don’t believe it。 保罗? 真难以置信;
MICHAEL: I thought he worked all the timelike my brother。 我还以为他只懂得工作; 就像我哥
哥一样。
JOANA: Your brother? I didn’t know you had a brother。 你哥哥? 我还不知道你有一个哥哥。
MICHAEL: It’s a long story。 一言难尽。
JOANA: We have time。 我们有的是时间。
MICHAEL: OK。 How about a cup of coffee? Then I’ll tell you about myself。 好; 要不要喝杯咖啡?
然后我告诉你一些关于我自己的事。
JOANA: Let me help。我来帮忙。
MICHAEL: No。 That’s OK。 This kitchen is too small for two。 Look around。 Make yourself at home。
不; 我来就可以了。 这个厨房太小; 不能容纳两个人。 到处随便看看; 不要拘束。
PAULO: Do you remember my idea for an art petition at the Fair? 记不记得我在万博会举行艺
术比赛的构想?
JOANA: Yes。 How did they like it? 记得; 他们的反应如何?
PAULO: Very much。 In fact; we’re starting the project immediately。 And guess who’s in charge? 非
常好; 事实上我们
立刻就要展开活动。 而且; 你猜谁来负责?
JOANA: I don’t know。 I give up。 我不晓得; 我不猜。
PAULO: You give up too easily。 Your brother! Who else? 你太容易放弃了。 是你大哥! 还会是谁?
JOANA: Congratulations; Paulo! Now maybe you can take a few days off。 恭喜你了; 保罗! 现在;
你或许可以休息几天了。
JOANA: You work harder than anyone else in that office。 那个办公室里; 没有一个人像你这么努
力工作。
PAULO: Joana; 琼娜;
PAULO: you don’t take time off when you want a promotion。 一个人如果想进升的话; 就不能请假。
JOANA: You even eat more quickly than you used to。 你连吃饭都比以前吃得快。
PAULO: Hey; I didn’t ask for a lecture! 嘿! 我没要你来教训我。
JOANA: I’m sorry; Paulo。 I think it’s wonderful。 Now tell me about the petition。 What are the
rules? Can Michael enter? 对不起; 保罗; 我想那是很美妙的; 告诉我一些关于这个比赛的事;
有些什么规则? 麦可可不可以参加?
PAULO: Michael Crawford? 麦可·郭佛?
JOANA: Sure。 是啊;
JOANA: He paints better than anyone I know。 他的画比我所认识的人画得都要好。
JOANA: When does the petition start? 比赛什么时候开始?
PAULO: We won’t announce the contest until Mr。 Crawford fi
返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 0 0
未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!