友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!阅读过程发现任何错误请告诉我们,谢谢!! 报告错误
九色书籍 返回本书目录 我的书架 我的书签 TXT全本下载 进入书吧 加入书签

著迷英语900句-第19章

按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!



LAURA: Hello; Bill。 哈罗; 比尔。
BILL: How are you; Laura? 罗拉; 你好吗?
BILL: Have you found a job yet? 找到工作没有?
CUSTOMER: Do you have vanilla cones? 有没有香草甜筒?
BILL: Certainly。 Here you are。 Now; where were we? Oh; yes。 当然有的; 这就是。 我们刚刚谈到
哪里了? 噢; 对了;
BILL: I asked if you had found a job yet。 我问你有没有找到工作。
LAURA: No; not yet; but I’ve been doing a lot of thinking。 没; 还没有; 不过我最近想了很多。
BILL: Well; you know Paulo Farias; the nice…looking young man at the Brazilian Pavilion? 嗯; 你认
识保罗·法瑞斯? 就是在巴西馆工作; 仪容很讨人喜欢的那位青年。
LAURA: Yes; I remember him。 认识; 我记得他。
BILL: I told him that you had resigned。 我已经告诉他说你辞职了。
LAURA: You did? 真的?
BILL: And that you were looking for a new position。 我还告诉他说你要找新的职位。
LAURA: What did he say? 他怎么说?
BILL: He said that he remembered you。 他说他记得你。
LAURA: That’s nice; What else did he say? 那好; 他还说什么?
BILL: He said he was looking for a secretary。 But he also said he didn’t think he could hire you。 他
说他正在找秘书; 可是他也说大概不能雇用你。
LAURA: Oh; why? 噢; 为什么?
BILL: Because he does a lot of work with Mr。 Crawford’s office。 因为他跟郭佛先生的公司经常有
生意来往。
LAURA: Yes; of course。 Oh; well; thanks for trying。 对了; 那当然。 噢! 谢谢你帮我打听。
BILL: Wait; don’t give up yet。 慢点; 别那么快放弃希望;
BILL: He said he might be able to find you a job in another department。 他说他可能在别的部门帮
你找个工作。
LAURA: Oh; Bill。 You’re wonderful。 Thank you。 比尔; 你真好; 谢谢你。
LAURA: You should open up an employment agency。 你应该开一家职业介绍所才对。

着迷英语900 句
BILL: That’s what my wife says。 That reminds me; 我太太也这样说。 这倒提醒了我;
BILL: she asked me to pick up a few things on the way home。 她叫我在回家的路上买些东西。
LAURA: Does your wife work; too? 你太太也上班吗?
BILL: Yes; she’s a florist。 是; 她在鲜花店做事。
LAURA: Does she like it? 她喜不喜欢?
BILL: Yes; she was saying just last night that she had never enjoyed a job more。 喜欢。 她昨天晚上
才说从来没有那么喜欢过一份工作。
BILL: So now; what are we going to do about you? You said that you had been doing a lot of
thinking。 好了; 你的事怎么办? 你说你最近想了很多。
LAURA: Yes; I was thinking that maybe I needed a change。 对; 我在想或许我需要换别种工作。
BILL: Have you ever thought about being a tour guide? 你以前有没有考虑过当导游?
LAURA: A tour guide? 导游?
BILL: Someone told me that he had heard that they needed another Spanish…English tour guide。 Even
though they haven’t announced the opening yet; I’d apply now。 有人告诉我他听说他们需要再请
一位会讲西班牙语和英语的导游。 这个空缺虽然还没公布; 可是最好现在就申请。
LAURA: Maybe I should。 You really are a sweetheart。 也许我应该去申请; 你真是个古道热肠的
好人。
BILL: Good luck。 祝你幸运。
JOANA: There’s quite a crowd here。 这里人很多。
MICHAEL: Everybody in the art world is here。 Artists; critics; collectors; everybody。 I want to go
home。 There’s Leo van der Zee! 艺术界所有的人都来了; 艺术家、评论家、收藏家; 谁都来了。 我
想回家了; 那边那个是利欧·泛·德·西。
PEDRO: Which painting is his? 哪一幅是他的画?
MICHAEL: The large one to the left of mine。 在我的画左边;
MICHAEL: It’s very good。 Very good。 很大的那幅; 画得很好; 非常好。
JOANA: I don’t like it。 我不喜欢。
MICHAEL: I would be proud to say that I had done it。 我如果能够说是我画的; 我会很骄傲。
PEDRO: I don’t like it; either。 我也不喜欢。
MICHAEL: Ssh; There’s Paulo。 Did anyone tell him that I entered the petition under another
name? 嘘; 保罗在哪里了; 有没有人告诉他我用别人的名字参加?
JOANA: I don’t know。 But even if he had found out; he certainly wouldn’t have told me。 Paulo can
be very discreet。 我不晓得。 不过; 就算他发现; 也绝对不会跟我说; 保罗说话很谨慎。
PAULO: Ladies an gentlemen。。。 各位先生女士。。。
MICHAEL: Why doesn’t he get on with it? 为什么他不说下去?
JOANA: Be patient; Michael。 麦可; 要有耐心。
PEDRO: 。。。 The Brazilian Pavilion has been pleased and honored to have as judges persons of such
distinction that。。。 。。。 巴西馆能够请到这么出名的几位评审; 感到非常的高兴和荣幸。 因此。。。
MICHAEL: If I had known there were going to be a lot of speeches; I would have e later。 早知
道会有那么多演讲的话,我宁可到得晚点。
JOANA: It’ll all be over soon; Michael。 麦可; 很快就会结束的。
PAULO: The judges; as you can imagine; had a very difficult time choosing a winner。 The quality of
the paintings。。。。 评审各位可想而知; 在选择优胜者时所感到的困难; 作品的水准。。。

着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: Paulo; shut up。 Or say something original。 Say something like; 保罗闭嘴; 要不然说一
点新鲜的话; 譬如说一句类似。
“MICHAEL: ““Most of the paintings were garbage。”““ 「大多数的作品像垃圾」的话。
PAULO: And if I had been one of the judges; I don’t think I could have e to any decision at all;
but; fortunately。。。 如果我是评审之一; 我想我根本没有办法决定; 不过; 幸好。。。
MICHAEL: I’ve got to step outside。 I need some fresh air。 我必须出去走走; 我要呼吸一点新鲜的
空气。
JOANA: Don’t leave now; Michael; they’re。。。 麦可你现在不要走; 他们就要。。。
MICHAEL: I’ve got to。 I’m too nervous。 我不能不出去; 我太紧张了。
ALI: Hello; Are you an artist? 你好。 你是不是艺术家?
MICHAEL: I don’t know。 我不晓得;
MICHAEL: The judges are making up their minds。 评审正在下决定。
MICHAEL: Watch it; your ice cream is dripping。 小心; 你的冰淇淋正在滴下来。
ALI: Thanks。 谢谢。
ALI: Speeches are really boring; aren’t they? 演讲真无聊; 对不对?
MICHAEL: You can say that again。 That ice cream looks good。 可不是吗? 那个冰淇淋看起来很
好吃;
MICHAEL: Where did you get it? 你是在哪里买的?
ALI: Here; Have a bite。 来; 吃一口。
MICHAEL: Uh。。。嗯。。。
ALI: Go ahead。 I don’t mind。 吃嘛! 我不介意。
JOANA: Michael; quick! They’re about to announce the winner。 麦可快一点; 他们就要宣布得胜
名单了。
MICHAEL: Excuse me。 Thanks for the offer。 对不起; 我有事。 谢谢你的好意。
ALI: Sure。 不谢。
PAULO: 。。。 And now it is my pleasure to announce the winner。 For personal reasons; the artist chose
to enter the petition under another name。。。 现在我十分荣幸地宣布优胜者; 由于私人的理由;
这位艺术家决定用另外一个名字参加比赛。。。
JOANA: It’s you! You won! I can’t believe。。。 是你! 你赢了! 我不能相信。。。
MICHAEL: It could be someone else; too。 也可能是别的人。
PAULO: 。。。 But whatever his name; there can be no doubt that he is a master。 The world can expect
great things from his brush。。。 但是不管他叫什么名字; 他是一位艺术大师是无可置疑的。 世人可
期望从他的画笔下看到许多伟大的作品。。。
MICHAEL: Enough。 Enough。 够了; 够了。
PAULO: The winner; Pedro Ortega。 I hope he is here。 第一名; 佩德罗·欧特迦; 希望他在场。
JOANA: I’m so happy。 I don’t know what I would have done if Paulo had said some other name。 我
多么高兴; 如果保罗宣布另外一个人的名字; 我不知道我会怎么样。
ALI: I was talking to that man。 我刚刚跟那个人说过话。
MRS。NIKZAD: He’s a great painter。 他是个画家。
ALI: He likes ice cream; too。 而且他也喜欢冰淇淋。
: THE WORLD’S FAIR NEWSLETTER VOLUME 2 NO。 1 万国博览会二卷一期
: A BIRTHDAY AT THE FAIR by Henry leeds 博览会上的一个生日派对亨利·利德斯着

着迷英语900 句
: Today was an important day at the Fair。 今天在万博会是很重要的一天。
: A guy is seven only once and Ali Nikzad made the most of it。 每个人只能过一次七岁; 而阿里·尼
克萨德今天藉此机会尽情地享受一番;
: What is closer to a boy’s heart than ice cream and baseball? 除了棒球和冰淇淋以外; 还有什么东
西更讨小男孩喜欢?
: Nothing。 And so; at Ali’s birthday party there was plenty of ice cream and lost of baseball
equipment 一个都没有。 因此; 在阿里的生日派对上; 有吃不完的冰淇淋和一大堆棒球器具。
: Ali; the son of Mr。 Simon Nikzad; a vice…president of the International Bank; has always loved the
Fair and spends all his free time here。 阿里是国际银行副理塞门·尼克萨德先生的儿子; 他一向都
非常喜欢我们万博会; 把空闲的时间全部花在这里。
: He is an independent guy and insists on exploring the world by himself。 他有很独立的个性; 而且坚
持一个人去探究世界。
: Ali told this reporter that he’d been dreaming of his birthday for weeks。 阿里向本刊记者表示; 他
梦想这一天已经好几个星期了。
: Had his birthday been everything he could have hoped for? 问及他生日所希望的是否都能实现时;
: Absolutely。 他答覆说全部实现了。
: Had he been given everything his heart desired? Definitely。 问及他是否得到心里想得到的一切时;
他回答说都得到。
: And what about friends? They were all there。 而他的朋友呢? 他们都来了。
: One of Ali’s best friends; Mr。 Bill O’Neill; an ice cream vendor here at the Fair; was at the big party。
阿里最好的朋友之一,万博会冰淇淋摊贩比尔·欧尼尔参加了这次盛大聚会。
: So was Mr。 Kenji Yamamoto; whose well…known vegetable market is near the Fair。 还有万博会附
近一家出名果菜店的店主山本先生。
: Naturally Mr。 and Mrs。 Nikzad were there; and so was Hussein; Ali’s older brother。 当然,尼克萨
德先生和尼克萨德太太也来了,阿里的哥哥赫仙也在,
: Some of Ali’s classmates were there; too; but no girls。 阿里的一些同学也参加了,但是没有女孩子。
“: When I asked Ali about this; he said; ““I don’t know anything about girls yet; but I am going to
learn about them this year。”““ 记者问及这点时,阿里说:「我对任何事关女孩子的事还不明了;
不过今年我将要去瞭解她们。」
: Position Available 诚征人才
: The World’s Fair; Inc。 is seeking a bilingual (Span。…Eng。) tour gui
返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 0 0
未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!