按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
PEDRO: Hmm; I’m usually good at these games。 How about Danielle? 嗯; 我最会玩这种游戏了。
是不是丹尼尔?
MIGUEL: Shut up! 不要说了!
PEDRO: OK。 OK。 I give up。 好; 好; 我不猜了。
PEDRO: Who is the myste ry woman? 那神秘女郎是谁?
MIGUEL: Marta。 玛它。
PEDRO: Marta! 玛它!
MIGUEL: Yes。 是的。
PEDRO: Thanks for telling me。 Women! What can you do? One minute she’s crazy about me; and
the next minute she’s
going out with you。 谢谢你告诉我。 女人! 你能怎么办? 一分钟前她还为我而疯狂; 一分钟后;
她却跟你出去了。
MIGUEL: I’m sorry; Pedro。 佩德罗; 很抱歉。
PEDRO: It’s OK。 没关系;
PEDRO: It’s your turn。 现在轮到你了。
MIGUEL: You’re wrong。 那你就错了。
MIGUEL: We really like each other。 我们真正的互相爱慕。
PEDRO: Good luck。 祝你好运。
MIGUEL: Pedro! 佩德罗;
MIGUEL: Aren’t you ever serious? 你就不能正经点吗?
PEDRO: What’s happening; Tom? 汤姆; 发生了什么事?
TOM: Man; you know that chick in the bakery? 老兄; 你认识麵包店那女孩吗?
PEDRO: Yeah; Yolanda。 认识; 叫幼兰达。
TOM: No; man; not that one。 Emma。 不; 老兄; 不是那个; 是爱玛。
PEDRO: Emma? 爱玛?
着迷英语900 句
TOM: Yeah。 She’s there on weekends。 You know her。 She’s short。 是啊! 她每个周末都在这儿,你
认识她的,个子矮矮的。
PEDRO: What color is her hair? 她头发是什么顏色?
TOM: It’s blond。 金黄色的。
PEDRO: What color are her eyes? 她眼睛是什么顏色?
TOM: Dark brown。 深棕色。
PEDRO: Is she pretty? 她长得漂亮吗?
TOM: Yeah; she’s pretty; and she’s after you。 是的; 她很漂亮; 她在追你。
PEDRO: Yeah? 是吗?
“TOM: Yeah。 She’s always asking me about you。” “How’s your friend?” “ And I say “” “Which
friend?” “You know; Tom。 That tall; handsome guy with curly hair。” “是的; 她时常问我有关
你的事。” “你的朋友怎么样?” “我说”“那位朋友啊?” “你知道的; 那位高大而
英俊的男孩”
“TOM: And I say; “” “Oh yeah; him。” “我说”“哦,是他啊!”
PEDRO: Do you know her number? 你知道她的(电话) 号码吗?
TOM: Yeah; 263。。。 知道; 是263。。。
PEDRO: Wait a minute。 OK。 What is it? 请等一下; 好; 几号?
TOM: 263…7954。 263…7954
PEDRO: Thanks; buddy。 谢谢了; 朋友
JIM: He doesn’t watch television! 他不看电视;
JIM: He doesn’t go to the movies! He goes to the store every day。 他不看电影; 他每天去商店;
JIM: He never takes a day off! 他未曾休假过!
PEARL: Jim; calm down。 吉姆; 静下来。
JIM: He never laughs! He never gets angry! 他不曾笑过; 不曾生气过!
FRANK: That’s the way he is; Jim。 他就是那样; 吉姆。
JIM: Is he happy? Is he sad? Do you know; Dad? He’s your father。 他快乐吗? 悲伤吗? 爸; 你知
道吗? 他是你的父亲。
FRANK: He doesn’t think about happiness; Jim。 吉姆; 他不曾考虑过快乐;
FRANK: He thinks about his family and his obligations。 他只想到他的家庭与责任。
JIM: That’s no way to live。 那并非生活之道。
PEARL: Maybe not; but it’s his way。 也许不是; 但却是他的生活方式。
JIM: All right。 It’s his way。 But。。。 好吧; 那是他的方式; 不过。。。
PEARL: But; what? 不过什么?
JIM: Why doesn’t he like me? 他为什么不喜欢我?
JIM: Why does he insult me in front of the customers? 为什么他当着顾客的面侮辱我?
PEARL: He doesn’t; Jim! I don’t believe it。 他不会的; 吉姆; 我不相信。
“JIM: It’s true; Mom。 He always says; ““All of the customers know the prices。 Why don’t
you?”““ “确实是这样子; 妈; 他
常常说”“所有的顾客都晓得价格; 为什么你就不知道?”““
PEARL: Oh; Jim; that’s the way he is。 噢; 吉姆; 他就是那样子。
JIM: OK。 but does he have to be that way all the time? We work together every day; but we never
talk to each other。 Either
着迷英语900 句
he changes or I quit。 好,但是他有必要整天都这样子吗?我们每天一起工作就从来没说过话。
不是他改变,就是我不。
FRANK: You know; Jim; 你知道的; 吉姆;
FRANK: you are his favorite grandchild。 你是他最疼的孙子。
JIM: How do you know? 你怎么知道?
FRANK: He doesn’t say it; but I know。 他没说过; 但我明。
JIM: I give up。 我不说了。
CUSTOMER: Congratulations; Mr。 Yamamoto。 You’re famous! 恭喜你; 山本先生; 你出名了。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: Famous? 出名?
CUSTOMER: Yes。 That was a great article about you in the paper。 是啊? 报上有一大篇关于你的
文章。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: Ssh。 Don’t tell the vegetables。 They don’t know yet。 嘘! 不要跟蔬菜说; 它们
还不知道呢!
CUSTOMER: What does your family think about it? 你家人觉得怎样?
MR。 YAMAMOTO: They’re very happy about it。 It’s good for business。 他们很高兴; 这有助于生意。
CUSTOMER: Where’s Jim today? 吉姆今天到那里去了。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: He’s at the Fair。 He’s celebrating。 他在博览会; 他庆贺去了。
CUSTOMER: What’s he celebrating? 他庆贺什么?
MR。 YAMAMOTO: My new fame and fortune。 我的新名誉和运气。
CUSTOMER: Maybe he’s right。 Why aren’t you celebrating with him? 也许他是对的; 你为什么没
跟他一道庆祝呢?
MR。 YAMAMOTO: Celebrations are for young people。庆祝是属于年轻人的。
CUSTOMER: Well; maybe。 But all of us need a day off; sometimes。 Why don’t you go to the Fair;
Mr。 Yamamoto? 嗯;
也许是; 不过; 我们大家有时候也是需要休息的。 山本先生; 你何不到博览会去呢?
MR。 YAMAMOTO: I don’t really like crowds。 我真不喜欢人群。
CUSTOMER: I can understand that。 But you can go on Wednesdays or Thursdays。 It’s not so
crowded then。 我能瞭解;
不过; 你可以在星期叁或星期四去; 那时候就没有那么拥挤了。
MR。 YAMAMOTO: Yes? Well; maybe。 是吗? 好吧; 也许。
: It isn’t a large room; and the furniture in it isn’t expensive。 房间不大; 里面的家具也不昂贵。
: At one end of the room; there is a small window。 在房间的末尾有个小窗户。
: Next to the window is a large bed。 窗户旁边是张大床。
: In fact; the only large thing in the room is the bed。 事实上; 在这房间里唯一的大东西就是床。
: There are other things; too; a bookcase; a small night table; a desk and chair; a dresser; and clothes。
也有其他的东西: 一个书柜; 一张小床头几; 一张桌子和椅子; 化妆台; 被褥。
: There are shoes and socks under the bed; shirts; pants; and sweaters on the chair; dirty underwear
and ties on the floor;
suits; jackets; and a coat in the small closet。 鞋子; 袜子放在床下;衬衣; 裤子、和毛衣搭在椅上;
脏内衣和领带搁在地板上;西装、夹克和外衣; 挂在小衣橱里。
: There are several cameras; five maybe six; and photographs of women; hundreds of them large
ones and small ones
着迷英语900 句
on the desk and on the walls。 有几架照相机; 五架也许是六架; 有大大小小数以百计的女性照
片摆在桌上或挂在墻壁上。
: The photographs are smiling; laughing; crying; standing; and sitting。 这些照片上的人有的微笑;
有的大笑; 有的哭泣; 有的站着; 有的坐着。
: One thing is very clear。 Pedro likes women very; very much。 很明显的一件事实; 佩德罗非常非
常喜欢女性。
: Pedro’s mother doesn’t lik e to go into his room。 佩德罗的母亲不喜欢到他的房间。
“: She does; of course; because she wants to clean; but she is not happy about it。 ““The room is full of
women。 He doesn’t
need me。”“ she says。” “当然; 她还是会去; 因为她必须加以清理; 但是; 她是不十分愉快的; 她
说”“房子里满是女人; 他根本就不需要我”“。”
: How old is Grandfather? I don’t know。 He never talks about his age。 爷爷多大了? 我不知道; 他
从不提他的年龄。
: He’s around seventy; maybe seventy …five。 他大概在七十岁上下; 或许是七十五岁。
: Years ago he was a strong man。 多年前; 他还是个健壮的人。
: He was a farmer; a soldier; and a wrestler。 他以前是个农夫、军人与角力选手;
: He was the pride of his village。 他常以他的乡村为荣。
: Now he’s getting old。 He doesn’t see without his glasses; and he can’t lift heavy things。 现在; 他渐
渐老了; 不戴眼镜
便看不见东西; 他无法搬动笨重的东西;
: His hair is thin and almost all white。 他的头发稀疏而且几乎全白了;
: But he has a strong face。 倒是他有个健康的脸色。
: Grandfather loves his store。 He needs the store。 It’s his only joy。 He has friends; but they are all old。
爷爷很喜欢他的
商店; 他需要这商店; 那是他唯一的享受。 他有朋友; 但他们都老了。
: Oh; yes; he has us; the family; and I guess he loves us; but he doesn’t show it。 噢; 对了; 他有我们
这些家人; 我猜他是爱我们的; 只是他从不表现出来。
: He lives in the past。 All of his friends are living in the past。 At least the past can’t change。 他活在
往事里; 所有他的朋友都活在往事里; 至少往事不能改变。
: They can’t take it away from you。 你无法把过去拿走;
: It’s always there; and you can close your eyes and see it。 它总是在那儿; 即使你闭上眼睛; 仍能
看得见。
: Grandma was a kind lovely lady; and Grandfather’s world is not the same without her。 奶奶是个仁
慈可爱的女人; 没有她, 爷爷的世界就不一样了。
: Pedro is attractive。 There’s no doubt about it。 Women are crazy about him。 But he’s spoiled。 无可置
疑的; 佩德罗是很迷人的,女孩们都为他痴狂; 但他被宠坏了。
: I don’t like that。 我不赞成如此。
: It’s not right to break a date。 失约是不对的;
: But; it’s funny; I don’t feel bad about it。 但说来奇怪; 我却不觉得那是坏事。
: I’m sure he breaks dates with women all the time。 That’s the way he is。 我确知他经常是对女孩子
失约; 那是他的一贯作风。
: Why did I want to go to the party with him? 为什么我要跟他去参加宴会呢?
着迷英语900 句
: Why not? 为什么不去呢?
: Why did I change my mind? 我为什么要改变主意呢?
: A feeling。 That’s not an answer; I know。 是一种直觉; 我知道; 那不算是个答案。
: But my feeling was right。 I didn’t really want to go out with him。 He didn’t really care about me。 不
过; 我的直觉是对的, 我并不真的要跟他出去; 他并不真的在乎我。
: I was only a date for the evening。 All right; it wasn’t nice; but he certainly didn’t die of a broken
heart。 我只是那天
晚上一个约会的对象而已