按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
ALI: You know; Father; he isn’t really an ice cream man。 He’s just pretending。 He’s really a secret
agent。 爸; 你知道
吗? 他不是真的冰淇淋小贩; 他是? 装的; 其实他是个密探。
着迷英语900 句
MRS。 NIKZAD: What an imagination you have; Ali! 阿里; 你真会想像!
MR。 NIKZAD: More imagination than sense。 想像超过常识。
MRS。 NIKZAD: Don’t spoil it for him; dear。 Childhood is the happiest time of life。 不要责怪他; 亲
爱的; 童年是一生中最快乐的时期。
: Hello。 哈。
: Hi; Bill。 嗨! 比尔。
: Oh; no。 But it’s Saturday night! 噢; 不; 今天是末晚上!
: Yes; I know。 But we never see each other these days。 The children never see you; either。 是的; 我
知道; 但这几天我们彼此都没见面; 孩子也没见过你。
: And what about dinner? It’s almost ready。 那晚餐怎么样? 我都快弄好了。
: I know。 That’s the way it is。 I’m just disappointed。 我知道; 就是这样; 我只是很失望。
: Around 9:00? Well; OK。 Wait。 Why don’t you let me type your report? Then you could e home
now。 九点左右?
好罢; 等等; 何不将你的报告让我来打字? 那么你现在就可以回来了。
: No。 We don’t need any。 We have lots of paper at home。 不; 我们不需要; 家里还有很多纸。
: OK。 Good。 See you around 8:15。 Bye; dear。 好罢; 八点十五分再见; 拜拜; 亲爱的。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Ms。 Segura; step into my office; please。 瑟姑拉小姐;
MR。 CRAWFORD: Bring your steno pad。 请带着速记簿到我的办公室来!
MR。 CRAWFORD: To Mr。 James C。 Wilson; President; United Printing Corp。 给联合印刷公司董事
长詹姆斯·威尔逊先生;
MR。 CRAWFORD: You can look up the address in the files。 你可在档案中找到他的地址。
LAURA: Yes; sir。 是的; 先生。
“MR。 CRAWFORD: ” “Dear Sir: Please send this office 10;000 copies of the World’s Fair brochure。
Thank you。 Sincerely; ” “ and sign my name。” “威尔逊先生,请寄一万份世界博览会手册,谢
谢您。”“ 然后签我的名字。”
LAURA: Yes; sir。 是的; 先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Send that out this morning; Ms。 Segura。 今天早上要寄出; 瑟姑拉小姐。
LAURA: Yes; sir。 是的; 先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: It’s Mrs。 Crawford’s birthday。 今天是郭佛太太的生日;
MR。 CRAWFORD: I want to buy her some flowers。 我要买些花给她;
MR。 CRAWFORD: Call up the florist and tell him to send my wife a dozen roses。 打个电话给花商;
请他送一打玫瑰给我太太。
LAURA: Yes; sir。 是的。 先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Ms。 Segura; 瑟姑拉小姐;
MR。 CRAWFORD: here is yesterday’s letter to Bissell Industries。 这是昨天给比塞尔实业公司的信;
MR。 CRAWFORD: There is an error in the second paragraph。 Please be more careful; Ms。 Segura。
在第二段中有个错误, 请多加小心; 瑟姑拉小姐。
LAURA: Yes; sir。 是的; 先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Any questions? 有什么问题吗?
LAURA: Only one。 只有一个。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Yes? 什么事?
LAURA: When do you want to look for a new secretary? 您什么时候要另外找一个秘书?
着迷英语900 句
MR。 CRAWFORD: I don’t understand; Ms。 Segura。 We don’t need another secretary。 我不明白你
的意思; 瑟姑拉小姐, 我们并不需要另外新的秘书啊?
LAURA: I am giving you two weeks’ notice; Mr。 Crawford。 我给您两个星期去物色; 郭佛先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Are you resigning from the firm; Ms。 Segura? 瑟姑拉小姐; 你真的要辞职吗?
LAURA: Yes; Mr。 Crawford。 I’m sure you can find someone better than I。 是的; 郭佛先生; 我相信
您一定能找到比我更行的秘书。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Very well; Ms。 Segura。 Put an ad for a secretary in tomorrow’s paper。 好吧; 瑟
姑拉小姐; 在明天报上刊个征求秘书的广告。
LAURA: Yes; Mr。 Crawford。 是的; 郭佛先生。
MR。 CRAWFORD: This is very inconvenient。 真是麻烦。
LAURA: I’m sure it is。 我相信是很麻烦。
SALESMAN: Can I help you? 我能效劳吗?
MRS。 NIKZAD: Yes。 I want to paint my son’s bedroom。 I think sky blue is pretty color。 是的; 我要
粉刷我孩子的卧室; 我想天蓝色的顏色很棒。
SALESMAN: How big is the room? 房间有多大?
MRS。 NIKZAD: Not very big。 不很大。
SALESMAN: How many gallons of paint do you want? 你要多少加仑的油漆呢?
MRS。 NIKZAD: I don’t know。 我也不晓得。
SALESMAN: Look; why don’t you tell your painter to buy the paint? 嘿; 你为什么不告诉你的油
漆匠去买油漆呢?
MRS。 NIKZAD: I am the painter。 我就是油漆匠。
SALESMAN: Well; then。 Do you know the size of the room? 哦; 那么; 你知道房间的尺寸吗?
MRS。 NIKZAD: No。 I’m sorry; I don’t。 不; 很抱歉; 我不知道。
SALESMAN: Is it larger or smaller than this store? 它比这个商店大或小?
MRS。 NIKZAD: It’s about half the size of this store。 大约是这个店的一半大小。
SALESMAN: You need two gallons。 你需要两加仑。
MRS。 NIKZAD: Now what do I do? 现在我该怎么办?
SALESMAN: Madam; why don’t you get a painter? 夫人; 你为什么不找个油漆匠?
MRS。 NIKZAD: My son and I want to paint the room together。 我儿子要跟我一起粉刷房间。
SALESMAN: All right。 Here。 Read these instructions。 Do you want the paint now? 好; 这里; 看看
这些指导说明; 你现在就要油漆吗?
MRS。 NIKZAD: Yes; please。 是的。
SALESMAN: Two gallons of sky blue。 That’s 21。39。 两加仑天蓝色的共是二十一元元角九分。
MRS。 NIKZAD: Thank you。 What time do you close? 谢谢; 你什么时候关店?
SALESMAN: We’re open till 6:30 tonight。 我们今晚营业到六点卅分。
: I think I’m falling in love with him。 Oh; what am I going to do? 我想我正与他谈恋爱了; 噢; 我
怎么办?
: Could I be his wife? 我能成为他的妻子吗?
: How long could I live in a little apartment on a poor street? 我能在这穷巷小屋住多久呢?
: He’s an artist。 He doesn’t think about money; but I do。 他是个艺术家; 他不在乎钱的问题。 但是
我在乎;
着迷英语900 句
: I like life’s little luxuries。 我喜欢一点奢华的生活;
: I like to buy pretty things new dresses and jewelry。 我喜欢买一些漂亮的东西──新的衣服;
珠宝等。
: I could live without them; I guess; but。。。 do I want to? 没有这些固然可以生活; 我想; 但是我希
望这样子吗?
: I guess I could always find a job。 I could work in an office or I could teach Portuguese。 我想我随
时可以找到工作; 我可以在公司里工作; 或教教葡萄牙文。
: Or could I? 我能吗?
: Maybe Mama is right。 Maybe I couldn’t live on 88th Street。 或许妈妈是对的; 说不定我无法在八
十八街过下去;
: It’s a long way from home in Brazil。 从这里到巴西太远了;
: Paulo wants to stay here; but Mama is going to go home soon。 保罗希望留在这里; 只是妈就要回
家了。
: She misses Papa and her life there。 她怀念爸爸和在那里的生活;
: And what about me? 而我呢?
: We could live six months here and six months there。 我们可以在这里住个半年; 在那边住半年;
: No。 That’s ridiculous。 不行; 那太荒唐了;
: What am I going to do? 我该怎么办呢?
: I love his eyes。 Who knows? 我喜欢他的见解; 谁知道?
: We all grow and change。 Anything could happen。 我们都会长大而改变的; 任何事情都可能发生。
: It’s not easy to be the mother of four children; take care of a house; and go to work。 当个有四个孩
子; 又要照料家务, 又要出去工作的母亲是不简单的;
: I’m not plaining; though。 Really I’m not。 可是我不抱怨。 真的; 我不会抱怨。
: Bill has a good job; and he always works overtime to make as much as he can。 But we can always
use some extra money。 比尔有好工作; 他时常尽可能的加班; 而我们也时常需要额外的钱;
: Four children eat a lot of food。 四个孩子要吃的东西是很多的。
: I didn’t go to college。 What could I do? 我没读大学; 我能做什么呢?
: I was a mother at nineteen。 我在十九岁的时候当了妈妈。
: I didn’t see much of the world then。 因此我对这世界看到的并不多。
: The children are all in school now; and I want to do something new。 现在孩子们都上学去了; 我
希望做些新的事情;
: I’m not old yet。 I want to live and learn and grow as much as I can。 我还不老; 我要尽我所能的生
活、学习和成长。
: This is my first job in eighteen years; and I love it。 这是我十八年以来的第一个工作。 我喜欢它;
: I love to work with flowers。 I want to learn about the business; too。 我喜欢跟花一起工作,我也要学
习有关做生意的事。
: Someday; I’m going to own a shop like this one。 有一天; 我自己将会拥有一间像这样的店。
: You know my brother; Ali; but you don’t know me。 你知道我弟弟阿里; 但不认识我;
: I am Hussein M。 Nikzad。 I’m nine and a half。 我是胡辛M·尼克萨德; 我九岁半;
: I am very strong for my age; and I’m very smart in school。 我很健壮; 在学校里也相当聪明;
: All my teachers say so。 我所有的老师都这么说。
着迷英语900 句
: I do my homework; and I pay attention to my teachers。 我做我的功课; 也听我的老师们的话;
: I like books。 I read all the time。 我喜欢书; 所有的时间都在看书;
: I can add; subtract; multiply and divide。 我能加、减、乘、除;
: I can read and write English and Farsi; 我能读与写英文和波斯语。
: and I know all about the heroes of my country。 我晓得我的国家所有英雄的事;
: I am going to be famous; too。 我也要成为着名的人物;
: I am going to build cities and roads and bridges and everything。 我打算建造城市、道路、桥梁; 以
及一切的一切。
: Ali is a strange kid。 阿里是个奇怪的孩子;
: He thinks everyone is a Martian and ice cream vendors are secret agents。 他认为每一个人都是火
星人; 以为贩卖冰淇淋的人是密探。
: Why does he eat ice cream all the time? 为什么他老是吃冰淇淋?
: Sometimes I think Father is right。 Ali acts like a child all the time。 有时候我认为父亲是对的,阿里
的行为始终像个小孩;
: He never could sit still。 从来不曾安静下来过;
: He doesn’t listen to anyone。 他不听任何人的话;
: He’s forgetting Farsi; too。 他也逐渐忘了波斯语。
: What is he going to do next year in Iran? 明年在伊朗他将做些什么呢?
: Ali hates me。 It’s not my fault。 阿里憎恨我; 那并非我的错;
: He hate s me because I’m bigger and smarter; and I’m Father’s favorite。 他恨我是因为我长得比
较大也比较聪明; 而且我是爸爸所疼爱的;
: Father doesn’t say that; of co