按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
较大也比较聪明; 而且我是爸爸所疼爱的;
: Father doesn’t say that; of course; but I know it。 爸虽然不说; 但是我瞭解;
: And Ali knows it; too。 当然; 阿里他也知道。
: But Ali’s okay; really。 不过阿里真的也还好;
: Sure; sometimes he does crazy things; 当然; 他有时候会做些疯狂的事来;
: but he’s not a bad kid。 但是他不是个坏孩子。
第叁集
LAURA: Hi; Bill。 嗨; 比尔你好。
BILL: Hi; Laura。 How are you today? 嗨; 罗拉。 你今天怎么样?
LAURA: Awful。 I resigned。 糟透了! 我辞职了。
BILL: You resigned? Why?你辞职了? 为什么?
BILL: You liked the job; didn’t you? 你不是蛮喜欢那份工作吗?
LAURA: Yes and no。 I never liked my boss。 You know that。 喜欢也不喜欢,我始终都不喜欢我的老
板,这个你是知道的。
BILL: Yes。 But it was an interesting job; wasn’t it? 对; 可是那份工作不是蛮有趣的吗?
LAURA: Yes。 是的。
LAURA: We handled all the advertising and promotion for the Fair。 我们负责万博会所有的广告与
宣传促销。
BILL: Well; what are you going to do now? 那么; 你现在打算怎么样。
着迷英语900 句
LAURA: Find another job。 Do you need a secretary? 找新工作。 你需不需要一个秘书?
LAURA: I type sixty words a minute。我一分钟可以打六十个字。
BILL: No; not today。 But did you look in the newspaper? 今天不需要。 不过你可曾在报纸上找过?
LAURA: Yes。 Nobody needs a secretary this week。 找过了; 这个礼拜那里都不缺秘书。
BILL: What about the employment office here at the Fair? 万博会的人事处如何呢?
BILL: Did you check with them? 你到那边问过没有?
LAURA: No; I didn’t。 没有; 我没有。
BILL: Why not? 为什么不去呢?
LAURA: Because they aren’t going to help me。 因为他们不会帮助我的。
LAURA: I resigned from a good job! 我已经辞掉一份很好的工作!
BILL: Maybe you’re wrong。 也许你错了。
LAURA: Oh; Bill。 You need remendations to get a good job。 Mr。 Crawford isn’t going to give
me a remendation。
噢; 比尔; 要找一份好工作; 非有以前雇主的推荐不可。 郭佛先生不会帮我写推荐函的。
BILL: Look。 我跟你讲;
BILL: Mr。 Crawford is difficult to work for; right? 替郭佛先生作事很艰难; 你说是不是?
LAURA: Right。 是。
BILL: Well; maybe the employment office knows it; too。 也许人事处里也知道这个情形。
LAURA: Is that possible? 有那个可能吗?
BILL: Of course; it’s possible! Maybe you’re his seventh secretary in two years! 当然有可能! 说不
定你是他两年来第七任秘书!
LAURA: Maybe。 Thanks; Bill。 也许吧。 谢谢你; 比尔。
BILL: Don’t mention it。 Good luck。 不足挂齿; 祝你成功!
MRS。CRAWFORD: Hi; dear。 How was your day?嗨; 亲爱的; 你回来啦! 今天过得好吗?
MR。CRAWFORD: Oh; the same。 噢; 老样子。
MRS。CRAWFORD: How’s your secretary? Does she e in on time now? 你那个秘书怎么样?
她最近准时上班吗?
MR。CRAWFORD: Yes。。。 well; in fact; she resigned today。 是的。。。 嗯; 事实上; 她今天已辞职了。
MRS。CRAWFORD: Laura? Resigned? Why? 罗拉? 辞职了? 为什么?
MR。CRAWFORD: I don’t know。 Maybe because I criticized her typing。 我不知道。 也许是因为我
批评她打字技术不好。
MRS。CRAWFORD: She’s a good typist; isn’t she? 她是一位好打字员; 对不对?
MR。CRAWFORD: Yes; usually。 是; 通常是打得不错。
MRS。CRAWFORD: Well? 怎么讲?
“MR。CRAWFORD: ““Usually”“ isn’t ““always。”““ “““通常”“ 是不等于”“经常”“ 的。”
MRS。CRAWFORD: You are too critical; dear。 你太挑剔了; 亲爱的!
MR。CRAWFORD: Please。 It’s my business。 拜托; 那是我的事情。
MRS。CRAWFORD: Don’t talk to me that way。 And don’t forget; it was my father’s business。 You’re
too critical of everything and everyone; of me; of the boys。。。 不要这样对我说话;你也不要忘了;公
司本来是我爸爸的。你对每一个人;每一件事物都太挑剔; 包括我; 我们的儿子。。。
MR。CRAWFORD: Jane; please; don’t bother me。 珍; 我求你不要烦我。
MRS。CRAWFORD: Look; Gary; I live here; too。 They are my sons; too。 贾瑞你听我讲,这个家也
着迷英语900 句
是我的,儿子也是我的。。
MR。CRAWFORD: I’m tired; and I don’t want to talk about it。 我很累,我不想讨论这些。
MIGUEL: What a mess! 这里乱透了!
PEDRO: You sound like my mother。 Watch out! 你讲话像我妈妈一样,小心啊!
PEDRO: Don’t step on that sweater。 别踩了那件毛衣。
MIGUEL: Hey; that’s my sweater。 嘿; 这件毛衣是我的!
PEDRO: Uh; yes; I guess it is。 这个。。。 好像是。
MIGUEL: You’re a slob; Pedro; but you’re a great photographer。 你是个大垃圾虫; 佩德罗。 可是;
你却也是个第一流的摄影师。
MIGUEL: Some of these pictures could be in magazines。 这些照片可以登到杂志上去。
PEDRO: Thanks; Miguel。 谢谢你; 米盖尔。
MIGUEL: Hey; here’s an old picture of you。 You had a mustache! 嘿; 这里有一张你以前的照片。
你留了小鬍子!
PEDRO: Let me see。 给我看。
MIGUEL: Yo u’re standing with a guy with long blond hair。 He looks American。 你跟一个金黄长
发的家伙站在一起; 他看起来好像是美国人。
PEDRO: Yes; he is。 He was my first good friend here。 A very creative guy。 是的; 他是我来这边以
后的第一个好朋友; 是一个很有艺术创作力的年轻人。
PEDRO: I met him at the art school downtown。 我是在市中区那间艺术学校认识他的。
MIGUEL: What’s his name? You never talk about him。 他叫什么名字? 你从来没提过他。
PEDRO: His name’s Michael。 他叫麦可;
PEDRO: He was in love with this woman。 他跟这位小姐相恋;
PEDRO: He wanted to marry her。 She was beautiful; but crazy。 他想娶她。 她很漂亮; 但是有点神
经兮兮的。
“MIGUEL: What do you mean ““crazy?”““ 你说她神经兮兮的; 是什么意思?
PEDRO: One day; she came to my door。 She didn’t love Michael anymore。 She fell in love with me。
有一天她来到我家门口。 她不再爱麦可了; 她爱上了我。
MIGUEL: Just like that? 就那样吗?
PEDRO: Well; sure; I flirted with her; but I flirt with everyone! 这个。。。 当然罗; 我有逗过她; 可是
我谁都逗。
MIGUEL: What happened? 结果怎么样?
PEDRO: You know I can’t resist a pretty face。 你是知道的; 我没办法抗拒漂亮女孩子的魔力。
MIGUEL: And Michael? What did he do? 那么麦可呢? 他的反应怎么样?
PEDRO: He never spoke to me again。 About a year ago I tried to call him; but he hung up on me。 他
跟我断绝来往了。 大概一年前我给他打电话; 可是被他挂断了。
MIGUEL: What happened to the girl? 那个女孩怎么样了?
PEDRO: We saw each other a few times。 我们彼此见了几次面;
PEDRO: Then she moved to Florida。 然后她搬到佛罗里达去了。
PEDRO: She has a sister there。 Things like that don’t last long。 她有一个姊姊住那里。 像那种事情
是不持久的。
BILL: Hi; Paulo。 嗨; 保罗。
着迷英语900 句
PAULO: Hi; Bill。 How’s business? 嗨; 比尔; 生意怎么样?
BILL: Fine。 How’s yours? 不错; 你呢?
PAULO: ing along。 We’re opening some new exhibition soon。 Oh; by the way; we’re looking
for a secretary。 还好;
我们有一个新展览会快要开幕了; 哦; 对了; 我们正要请一位秘书。
BILL: Really? I know a good one。 She wants a new job。 真的? 我认识一位好秘书; 她需要一个新
的工作。
PAULO: Where can I find her? 她在哪里?
BILL: I can give her your number。 I see her every day。 我可以给她你的电话号码; 我每天都看到她。
PAULO: OK。 Here’s my card。 Tell her to call me。 Oh; what’s her name? 好; 这是我的名片; 叫她
打电话给我; 对了; 她叫什么名字?
BILL: Laura Segura。 罗拉·瑟姑拉。
PAULO: Segura。。。 Isn’t she Mr。 Crawford’s secretary? 瑟姑拉。。。 她不是郭佛先生的秘书吗?
BILL: She was。 She resigned。 那是以前; 她辞职了。
PAULO: I don’t think I can hire her。 My office does a lot of work with Mr。 Crawford’s office。 It
could be embarrassing。
我恐怕不能用她。 我的公司跟郭佛先生的公司有生意来往; 那将会很尴尬的。
BILL: I see。 That’s too bad。 我瞭解; 那真可惜。
PAULO: Yes; it is。 But perhaps we can find her a job in another department。 是的; 不过; 我们也许
可以在其他部门帮她找到工作。
BILL: Thanks; Paulo。 谢谢; 保罗。
PAULO: Sure; Bill。 不客气; 比尔。
: Dear Mama; 亲爱的妈妈:
: There is so much to tell you; Mama。 我要和您说的事情太多。
: Everything here seems different; but; at the same time; everything seems the same。 这里的一切;
都好像不一样。 可是;在同样的时间; 每件事情又似乎是相同的。
: Yesterday was a good example。 昨天就是一个很好的例子。
: At 7:00 the alarm clock rang and woke us up。 闹钟在七点钟时叫醒了我们;
: I turned on the radio; and we listened to the news。 我打开了收音机; 我们收听新闻报导。
: But the news is in English; not Spanish。 可是; 那是英语新闻; 不是西班牙文。
: For breakfast; we have coffee and bread; but the coffee and bread don’t taste the same as they do at
home。 我们早餐吃麵包喝咖啡; 可是这里的麵包、咖啡跟家里所吃的味道却不一样。
: Even the water tastes different! 就连自来水的味道都不一样呢!
: At 9:00 I left the house。 我九点钟出门。
: At night; after dinner; we talked and watched television。 晚上吃晚餐以后我们聊天看电视。
: The movies here are the same: war stories; westerns; and mysteries。 此地的影片千篇一律: 有战
争片、西部片和侦探片。
: At about 9:30 one of Pedro’s friends stopped in to say hello。 大概九点半左右; 佩德罗的一个朋
友进来寒喧了一下;
: At about 11:00 Pedro called each one of his twenty girlfriends to say good night and told each one a
different story。
大约在十一点左右; 佩德罗给他二十个女朋友一个一个的打电话道晚安; 并分别说了二十个不
着迷英语900 句
同的故事给她们听。
: I like Pedro more and more。 我越来越喜欢佩德罗。
: I learn a little more English every day。 我每天都学到了一些英语;
“: Yesterday; I learned the word ““embarrassed。”““ “我昨天学会了”“尴尬”“ 这个字。”
: love; Miguel 儿; 米盖尔上
: PS You asked for a photograph。 Here it is。 再启: 您向我要的照片随函附上一张。
: The girl next to me is Marta。 She lives upstairs。 在我旁边那个女孩子叫玛它; 她住在我的楼上。
: My father died the year I was born。 我爸爸在我出世的那年去世了;
: Life was difficult in Spain in those years。 那个年头; 在西班牙谋生很不容易。
: